Voting and Elections
Be a smart voter. Links to voter education sites.
- This "nonpartisan, nonprofit, consumer advocate" site monitors the factual accuracy of statements from major U.S. political figures. The site is sponsored by the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania.
- League of Women Voters
- The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization which works to improve our systems of government and impact public policies through citizen education and advocacy. The League is a grassroots organization, working at the national, state and local levels. The site includes information about contemporary issues such as campaign finance reform, clean air and the Voting Rights Act
- League of Women Voters of Iowa
- The League in Iowa’s aim is to ensure citizens are informed about issues and prepared to play their part in community building and government. Through candidate debates, issue forums, community dialogues, on-line discussions and more, the League helps Americans arrive at answers to issues of local, regional, state, and national concern.
- New Voters Project
- Dedicated to encouraging newly eligible voters to get involved in the election process and to vote
- Information from the Federal Election Commission about campaign contributions to Congress, the political parties, and the presidential campaigns - provided by The Center for Responsive Politics
- The Polling Report
- An independent, nonpartisan resource on trends in American public opinion.
- Black Hawk County Real Estate Mapping
- Look up your property value and voting location.