Links to useful information on the Internet
- AACTE Education Policy Clearinghouse
- The purpose of this site is to promote access to high quality information that will assist users in the study of education policies, especially as related to teacher preparation. The AACTE Education Policy Clearinghouse is designed to help people access information on education policy at the national, regional, or state level.
- The Educator's Reference Desk
- Provides access to the ERIC Bibliographic Database (RIE and CIJE), as well as the searchable AskERIC question archive, which links to a variety of primary Internet resources including FAQs for educators, listserv archives, lesson plans, and more. If you are researching a large topic, Resource Guides collect search results of both Net and bibliographic information on a wide array of topics. ERIC Database search covers the years 1966 to present.
- ERIC: Education Resources Information Center
- This free database from the United States Department of Education indexes a variety of education-related articles. Some resources are available for free online while others must be obtained elsewhere. The site includes the ERIC Thesaurus.
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- The committee that monitors legislation on education, child labor, school food programs, workers' compensation, vocational rehabilitation, labor wages and hours, and work incentive programs.
- National Center for Education Statistics
- "NCES is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data that are related to education in the United States and other nations." Look here for statistical information on all levels of education. The site includes an encyclopedia of education statistics, an FAQ, activities for children, and a catalog the best search engine based on the information you have, and other resources for teachers.
- Peterson's Education Center
- Online, searchable versions of the popular Peterson's educational guides. Active sections are private college-preparatory schools, undergraduate colleges, graduate and professional study and
- U.S. Department of Education
- Compiles a variety of information relating to government initiatives and educational programs at all levels, education-related grants (look under OERI) and statistics (NCES), and departmental publications. News bulletins about department activities are added frequently. Statistics retrieval is unreliable, but otherwise the information provided seems current. It also provides access to individual state education departments. Searchable index and searchable department phone directory available.