Friends Volunteer Opportunities
Please consider volunteering!
Caring for the local library can be done through donating volunteer time. The Friends make a difference in this community by providing a bridge with the library. If you would like to volunteer at the library please click here to fill out our volunteer application.
These are the areas in which volunteers are needed:
- One 3-hour shift per month or occasional substituting
- Sort books and put on the Book Nook shelves
- Serve as cashier
- One 1 ½-hour meeting per month plus occasional committee work
- Serve on Friends' board to help plan events and publicity and help decide how our proceeds can best benefit the library
Book Outreach Team
- 2 to 3 hours per month
- Work as a team to select and/or deliver books to nursing homes and to homebound persons
Computer Class Assistant
- Computer classes are generally 1 1/2 to 2 hours long
- Assist class instructor by working with individual students
- Perform clerical work for the library or the Friends' group as arranged
- Occasionally provide food such as a dessert or salad for FOTL-sponsored events
- Contribute food items for library events
- Assist with events such as Friends’ booth at Sturgis Falls
Library Tour Guide
- Lead tour of our library facilities
Opportunity reading the Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier to the blind from the KUNI studios.
- For more information, visit: www.iowaradioreading.org
Green Thumb Gang
- Assist with landscaping maintenance at the CFPL
- Help set up library meeting rooms
For Friends information, contact Maelou Baxter at email@example.com or call the CFPL at 319-273-8643.