Friends Volunteer Opportunities
Please consider volunteering!
Caring for the local library can be done through donating volunteer time. The Friends make a difference in this community by providing a bridge with the library. If you would like to volunteer at the library please click here to fill out our volunteer application.
These are the areas in which volunteers are needed:
- One 3-hour shift per month or occasional substituting
- Sort books and put on the Book Nook shelves
- Serve as cashier
Book Outreach Team
- 2 to 3 hours per month
- Work as a team to select and/or deliver books to nursing homes and to homebound persons
- Occasionally provide food such as a dessert or salad for FOTL-sponsored events
Special Events Assistance
- Assist at one-time special events as needed
Green Thumb Gang - Landscape Maintenance
- Assist with landscaping maintenance at the CFPL
Special Projects Assistance
- Assist library staff working on special projects
Traveling Tales for Pre-Schoolers
- Help with the Traveling Tales library program.
Photographer for Library Events
- Take photos at library events.
- Become a member of the Friend of the Cedar Falls Public Library board.
For Friends information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CFPL at 319-273-8643.