Friends Volunteer Opportunities
Please consider volunteering!
Caring for the local library can be done through donating volunteer time. The Friends make a difference in this community by providing a bridge with the library.
These are the areas in which volunteers are needed:
- One 3-hour shift per month or occasional substituting
- Sort books and put on the Book Nook shelves
- Serve as cashier
- One 1 ½-hour meeting per month plus occasional committee work
- Serve on Friends' board to help plan events and publicity and help decide how our proceeds can best benefit the library
Book Outreach Team
- 2 to 3 hours per month
- Work as a team to select and/or deliver books to nursing homes and to homebound persons
Computer Class Assistant
- Computer classes are generally 1 1/2 to 2 hours long
- Assist class instructor by working with individual students
- Perform clerical work for the library or the Friends' group as arranged
- Shelve books in stacks
- Occasionally provide food such as a dessert or salad for FOTL-sponsored events
- Contribute food items for library events
- Assist with events such as Friends’ booth at Sturgis Falls
Library Tour Guide
- Lead tour of our library facilities
Opportunity reading the Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier to the blind from the KUNI studios.
- For more information, visit: www.iowaradioreading.org
Green Thumb Gang
- Assist with landscaping maintenance at the CFPL
- Help set up library meeting rooms
For Friends information, contact Maelou Baxter at email@example.com or call the CFPL at 319-273-8643.