LeRoy & Nancy Redfern Display Case
Call for Proposals
LeRoy & Nancy Redfern Display Case Guidelines
The Committee consists of:
• A representative from the Cedar Falls Public Library Friends of the Library
• The library director, and one other staff member
• A representative from the Art Committee
• The display in the case should be related to the mission of the Cedar Falls Public Library. That mission is:
o The mission of the Cedar Falls Public Library is to promote literacy and provide open access to resources which facilitate lifelong learning.
• The display should be aesthetically pleasing.
• The display should be thought provoking.
• The artist retains ownership of materials, after the Library is finished with the display.
• Call for proposals will be advertised by January 15 of each year.
• Proposals are due by March 15 of that year.
• The Committee will choose a proposal by April 1
o Artists may be requested to meet with the Committee for clarification
• The artist will have the display completed and in place by June 1.
• The artist should submit a drawing of the proposed display, along with a written description and artist’s statement. Photographs of previous pertinent work can be included.
• The artist will be required to sign a contract
• Compensation will be paid by the Friends of the Cedar Falls Public Library.
• The fee paid to the creator of the display is intended to cover the cost of materials and labor.
• Compensation for 2013 will be $1500.
Please contact Sheryl McGovern (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Submit proposal by email to McGovern, or to Sheryl McGovern, Cedar Falls Public Library, 524 Main St, Cedar Falls IA 50613
The LeRoy & Nancy Redfern Display Case