LeRoy & Nancy Redfern Display Case
Call for Proposals
LeRoy & Nancy Redfern Display Case Guidelines
The Committee consists of:
- A representative from the Cedar Falls Public Library Friends of the Library
- The library director, and one other staff member
- A representative from the Art Committee
- The display in the case should be related to the mission of the Cedar Falls Public Library. That mission is:
The mission of the Cedar Falls Public Library is to promote literacy and provide open access to resources which facilitate lifelong learning.
- The display should be aesthetically pleasing.
- The display should be thought provoking.
- The artist retains ownership of materials, after the Library is finished with the display.
- Call for proposals will be advertised by January 15 every two years. We will be seeking proposals in 2017.
- Proposals are due by May 15, 2015.
- The Committee will choose a proposal by June 1, 2015
- Artists may be requested to meet with the Committee for clarification
- The artist will have the display completed and in place by August 1, 2015.
- The artist should submit a drawing of the proposed display, along with a written description and artist’s statement. Photographs of previous pertinent work can be included.
- The artist will be required to sign a contract
- Compensation will be paid by the Friends of the Cedar Falls Public Library.
- The fee paid to the creator of the display is intended to cover the cost of materials and labor.
- Compensation for 2015 will be $1500.
Please contact Sheryl McGovern (email@example.com) with any questions. Submit proposal by email to McGovern, or to Sheryl McGovern, Cedar Falls Public Library, 524 Main St, Cedar Falls IA 50613
The LeRoy & Nancy Redfern Display Case