LeRoy & Nancy Redfern Display Case
The Cedar Falls Public Library seeks to commission a site specific, one-of-a-kind, artwork designed by an individual artist or a team of artists/designers to serve as an inspirational focal point for the library’s Redfern Display Case, located just inside the entrance to the library. The Redfern Display Case Committee will chose one entry from submitted proposals.
Call for Proposals
LeRoy & Nancy Redfern Display Case Guidelines
The Committee consists of:
• A representative from the Cedar Falls Public Library Friends of the Library
• The library director, and one other staff member
• A representative from the Art Committee
• The display in the case should be related to the mission of the Cedar Falls Public Library. That mission is:
o The mission of the Cedar Falls Public Library is to promote literacy and provide open access to resources which facilitate lifelong learning.
• The display should be aesthetically pleasing.
• The display should be thought provoking.
• The artist retains ownership of materials, after the Library is finished with the display.
• Call for proposals will be advertised by January 15 of each year.
• Proposals are due by March 15 of that year.
• The Committee will choose a proposal by April 1
o Artists may be requested to meet with the Committee for clarification
• The artist will have the display completed and in place by June 1.
• The artist should submit a drawing of the proposed display, along with a written description and artist’s statement. Photographs of previous pertinent work can be included.
• The artist will be required to sign a contract
• Compensation will be paid by the Friends of the Cedar Falls Public Library.
• The fee paid to the creator of the display is intended to cover the cost of materials and labor.
• Compensation for 2013 will be $1500.
Please contact Sheryl McGovern (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Submit proposal by email to McGovern, or to Sheryl McGovern, Cedar Falls Public Library, 524 Main St, Cedar Falls IA 50613
The LeRoy & Nancy Redfern Display Case